The Higher Education Act
Your members of Congress are currently working on the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act. The GRC Leadership Team is working closely with members of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension (HELP) and the House Education and Workforce committee members that oversee the reauthorization process.
Issues that are currently being discussed are focused around the behemoth of overly burdensome regulations, as well as ones that are confusing, rather than helpful, to our students and their families.
Congressional Committees on Education:
- Senate HELP Committee: http://www.help.senate.gov/
- House Education & Workforce Committee: http://edworkforce.house.gov/
Senate Reauthorization Bills:
House Reauthorization Bills:
- Simplifying the Application for Student Aid Act
- Strengthening Transparency in Higher Education Act
- Empowering Students Through Enhanced Financial Counseling Act
- Flexible Pell Grant for 21st Century Students Act
AACS GRC Legislative Dashboard:
The GRC team is consistently monitoring the budget process as it relates to our member schools. Whether it is a proposal that may impact our students access to Title IV aid or an avenue that may assist our advocacy efforts in general, the GRC is constantly building relationships with Appropriation Committee Members of Congress to promote the importance of our private career schools to the national economy.